Man and Cosmos in the Renaissance
ECTS credit: 3
Lecturer(s): doc. dr. Malec Maja
- Introduction: outline of the Renaissance period, what it includes, main currents ...
- humanism and the Renaissance in Florence in the early quattrocento;
- the Renaissance as the re-discovery of the classical culture: proportions, harmony, perspective ...
- »coincidence of opposites« in the philosophy of Nicolas Cusanus;
- the significance of the collection Corpus hermeticum for the renaissance thought;
- Platonic Academy in Florence: Ficino, Pico, Lorenzo Medici ...
- mythology, iconography and philosophy in Botticelli's paintings;
- Leonardo da Vinci: »how to see« (saper vedere);
- the renaissance menipaeas: Erasmus, More, Bosch, Rabelais ...
- Copernicus' turn from geocentrism to heliocentrism;
- Bruno's cosmological infinitism and Christianity;
- Michel de Montaigne: Essays – the philosophy of »human measure«.